Login Engineer signup

0800 002 9912


Landlord Gas Safety Checks

As you are probably already aware all rented property must have a “Gas safety check” also known as CP12 and this is a legal requirement that must be carried out every year. The gas safety check is carried out on all gas appliances that are in the property.

As a landlord, you’re responsible for the safety of your tenants. Your duties apply to appliances & flues in occupied residential properties. You must ensure that appliances are working correctly and guard against the dangers of carbon monoxide. If you are a landlord and would like to know what appliances need to be checked please call us on 0800 002 9912

More about Gas Safety Reports
In 1996 the government passed a law that requires all landlords who rent part, or all of a property, to have all gas appliances and pipe work checked and certified, to prove that the gas appliances meet gas safety standards, every 12 months. This applies to all gas appliances within the property
Boiler fault.com carries out Gas Safety inspections and is will to provide the corresponding certificates for landlords, once appliances have been checked and passed.

What does a Landlord Gas Safety Inspection Include?
Under the Gas Safe Register (previously CORGI) we will check the following during a Landlord gas safety inspection:

  1. Check appliance for gas tightness.
  2. Check standing and working pressure if test points available.
  3. Check burner pressure / gas rate against manufacturers data plate.
  4. Check for satisfactory provision of all necessary ventilation.
  5. Test flue flow to ensure removal of products of combustion.
  6. Check satisfactory operation of all the flame failure devices.
  7. Check for physical stability, presence and effectiveness of stability brackets (where appropriate).
  8. Investigate any evidence of unsafe operation and report to a responsible person.

An appliance cannot be deemed as having been checked, until the above has been completed.

Once your property has passed the gas safety certification, we will schedule a return to your property every 12 months to keep your gas safety certificate up to date we will contact you 3 months prior to the due date of your certificate when our automated system generates your reminder.

If you need a urgent gas safety certificate call Boiler fault to book a gas safety inspection.

Gas Safe Register is the only official list of gas engineers who are legally allowed to work on your gas cooker, boiler and fire and is there to help protect you from unsafe gas work. it was previously known as CORGI.
It’s important to make sure all of your gas appliances are working safely and correctly and to have them checked every year by a Gas Safe registered engineer.

All Gas Safe registered engineers carry an ID card so they can show you they are Gas Safe registered when they turn up at your front door if they don’t show you then don’t be afraid to ask to see it. Call the free Gas Safe Register helpline on 0800 408 5500 and they can help you find a local Gas Safe registered engineer and tell you if they are qualified for the type of work you need them to do.


Gas Safety Checks From £75* up to Three Appliances


Book now call 0800 002 9912